Ph: (713) 666-1521 or (866) 517-8114      |      |       Member Login

Drivers Licensing

Licensed drivers moving to Harris County from out-of-state must apply for a Texas license immediately upon moving into the area. All new residents applying for drivers’ licenses will be required to show proof of Texas vehicle registration (if own a car), show proof of liability insurance, turn in out-of-state driver’s license, and take a vision test. For more information and the location of the nearest Dept. of Public Safety office visit

Vehicle Registration

Newcomers to Harris County from out-of-state will need to register their vehicles and receive new license plates from the Department of Motor Vehicles. There are 13 locations in Harris County. To register, residents need to provide the DMV with a Texas inspection certificate, title to the car, and proof of insurance. Call (713) 224-1919 and ask for Auto Registration for additional information and office locations.

Voters Registration

Applications for voter registration cards will be mailed to new residents. Call (713) 224-1919 extension 2310 to request an application. Applications can also be picked up at local post offices. Deadline for registering is 30 days prior to an election.


For emergencies requiring police or fire department response, dial 911.


CenterPoint Energy owns and maintains the power lines in the Houston area. Contact them for electric delivery issues such as power outages, downed power lines, street lights, tree-trimming services and meter reading.

CenterPoint Energy 

(713) 207-2222, (800) 332-7143  
Report a street light outage at


All questions concerning gas bills, rates, payments, start-up/cancellation of service, gas leaks or meter reading should be directed to –

CenterPoint Energy 

 (713) 659-2111, (800) 752-8036  


Telephone service is available from a variety of providers. Please see the Business Directory section of this publication.


The City of Bellaire provides water, sewer and trash collection. One monthly billing statement includes all services. (713) 662-8253

The City of Southside Place provides water, sewer and garbage collection. The city bills on a bi-monthly statement. (713) 668-2341

West University Place provides water, sewer and trash collection on monthly billing cycles.
(713) 662-5824